Pages

Wednesday 27 April, 2011

Ragi ambali/malt

When I say Ragi ambali I remember my mother. She likes this very much and prepares it mostly in summer as this is an amazing cooler. During my childhood my mom used to give me to drink but I would make excuses to drink this :P But now I started liking ragi when my friend prepared ragi sevai. Since very long I was planning to prepare ragi recipes so here is my first attempt with ragi flour.

Ingredients:
Ragi flour - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Curd or buttermilk - 1 cup
Salt

Procedure:
Heat a vessel and add water into it. Bring the water to boil.
Take a bowl add ragi flour into it and pour 1/2 cup water. Mix the flour such that there are no lumps.
Now add this mixture into water and stir it continuously.
Reduce the flame and boil the ragi properly.
Once its done remove from flame.
Now take half glass ragi mixture, salt and add curd or buttermilk.
Mix properly and serve.


The sweet version of this can also be prepared. Instead of adding salt and buttermilk you can add sugar, cardamom powder and any dry fruit nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment