Pages

Wednesday 20 April, 2011

Fluffy pulkas

After seeing this post I guess my husband and lavanya's husband would be surprised :D I never used to get such fluffy pulkas earlier. I still remember the first attempt of my chapati after marraige. When we sat for dinner after making all the chapatis it was almost like pappads lol :D


But now I feel am good in making chapati, pulkas or parathas. Credit goes to my tutors Prathibha, Smita and ofcourse my MIL :) Feels great that now am the tutor for lavanya in making the below fluffy pulkas have a look at it :


Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 ½ cups
Salt - a pinch
Water - ¾ to 1 cup


Procedure:
Add flour, salt, oil mix with hand then add water and roll it into a soft dough.
Apply ¼tsp oil over the dough, cover with lid and keep it aside for 30 mins.
Take the dough make lemon size balls.
Take a ball dust with flour and roll it like thin round shape.
Heat the tawa and place the chapati on tawa once it is heated.
Once small bubbles are seen on the chapati turn it on other side.
Now press the chapati with a dry cloth by turning it all around.
Reverse the chapati and slighthly press again it will puff up.
Continue same process on the rest of the dough.
If you want apply ghee or oil.
Serve hot with any side dish.



2 comments:

  1. Ye ye ye ... mera naam bhi ye blog pe aagaya .. Thank you teacher for making me do such wonderful chapathis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to take party from each one of you whose name is mentioned in the blog then :P so people get ready ;)

    ReplyDelete