Pages

Wednesday 27 April, 2011

Bread upma

Today I was thinking what should I prepare for dinner then I saw the bread packet with today's expiry date. My friends are out for a trip so I alone cannot eat full packet of bread :P so thought I'll prepare upma with bread. Here is my trail with it :)

Ingredients:
Bread slices - 10-15
Aloo - 2
Carrot - 1
Tomato - 1
Onion - 1
Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
Mustard seeds - 1 spoon
Chana dal - 1 spoon
Lemon - 1/2
Green chillies - 3
Curry leaves - 10
Turmeric - 1/2 spoon
Oil
Salt

Procedure:
Crumble the bread slices into a wide bowl. Squeeze the lemon and sprinkle little water to moist the bread but don't add too much of water. Keep this aside for 10 mins.
Heat a vessel and add oil into it. Once the oil is heated add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chana dal, curry leaves and green chillies.
Now add onions and turmeric into it. When onion turns light brown add aloo and carrot.
When the aloo and carrot are cooked add the crumbled bread pieces and salt into it.
Stir it finely and cook for 5 mins. Remove from heat and serve hot.


Learning veg carving along with cooking :D Here is the rose made of tomato skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment