Pages

Sunday 27 March, 2011

Raagi semiya

I never ate raagi before. But my friend prathibha made me to eat this once and I liked it a lot. I thought to try it once but I don't get raagi vermicelli here in Finland. So when I went to India for vacation this time I bought it from my friend and tried it. First time when I prepared I soaked it for a long time I guess due to which the bottom was burnt a little. Thanks to prathibha for her suggestion and this time it turned out to be very good without any burnts :D

Ingredients:
Raagi vermicelli – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Green chilli – 2
Curry leaves – 10
Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
Mustard seeds – 1 spoon
Urad dal – 1 spoon
Salt
Oil

Procedure:
Soak the raagi vermicelli in water for 3 mins.
Then drain the water completely and steam for 5 mins and keep aside.
Heat a pan and add oil. Once oil is heated add urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Once the urad dal turns light brown add the green chillies, onion and curry leaves.
When onions are fried add the raagi vermicelli and salt as per taste.
Mix properly and cook for 2-3 mins and remove from heat.



No comments:

Post a Comment